Sunday, January 13, 2019

Thanksgiving 2017: I should've read my thoughts on Thanksgiving 2015

My first post of the year and it happens to be the weekend after Thanksgiving. Some people go crazy for Black Friday while I celebrate Thanksgiving leftovers. To each, their own.
Thankgiving 2017
It's 2017. So what happened to Thanksgiving 2016? I got hired full time in January of 2016 and I still hadn't gotten used to the idea of requesting PTO and such, so I worked all the holidays. It irritated me, but for Thanksgiving 2016 I tried to have at least a little celebration. We bought a small turkey and attempted to cook it, and that was our first real time using the oven to cook. It's not the best way to test drive the oven. Despite getting turkey pot pies and a years worth of turkey stock out of the carcass, I vowed to take off Thanksgiving always just because it irritated me too much to work it.
In the spirit of delegating out tasks for Thanksgiving and my cousin asking about it, I decided it would be an excellent idea to attempt to delegate out responsibilities again.

No comments:

Post a Comment