Friday, June 1, 2012

Howdy! I've done it again!

I've started another blog. Chances are, I'm going to discontinue the Gunther blog and just randomly insert pictures of him in one of my other blogs.


Lately, I've been paying bills. I've been making rather good progress on paying them too but as a result I haven't been eating out as much. I've been cooking, cooking A LOT. It actually is not that much of a chore after work since I can switch gears to another thinking game. (I'd normally play a game of chess, but it's hard when I'm starving).

I don't mean to flatter myself, but I'm a pretty decent cook. I've come a long way from slaving over recipes. My first boyfriend was a cook and at 18, not knowing how to cook, I was impressed by chopped zucchinni sauteed in butter with a little bit of salt added. Lame. I know. 8 years later, I'm not a kitchen master, but I'm getting there. 

The focus for this blog is food: 

- funky recipes, usually with an Asian basis (soy sauce, rice vinegar, gochujjang, miso, mirin..you know, the good stuff) 
- ingredients
- cheese (I gotta keep track you know.) 
- cooking tips and tricks

and most importantly - relating the sentiment that cooking should not be intimidating. It's perfectly ok to mess up and burn things, just don't serve those things to guests...or the dog. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment